Sunday, January 11, 2009

One Word

Today I received some bad news by email, so I decided to change the mood by posting something positive, something that makes me feel good and hopefully would do the same to my friends. I thought a good movie wouldn't be a fitting solution, so I chose a poem, performed as a song.

It's called "una palabra"

I don't speak Spanish, and all what I know is that Una Palabra means "one word"

Something is magical about this song, starting from the title, to the performance and ending with its writer Carlos Varela. (Google his name, you won't regret it!)

Even the video I caught on YouTube is part of this magic. Simple, deep, true, real and dreamy beautiful.

The first time I heard it, I felt like it held me by the shoulders and shook me, to the core.

I shared it with my friends through the wide world to pass the jolt of joy it gave me praying it would deliver them the same.

If you want to be engulfed by its magic, then click on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP_GfVOShgM

Enjoy.